Importance of Speech & Language Pathology In Autism Spectrum Disorder
Speech is the unique characteristic feature of the human being. Speech is the ability to convey thoughts, ideas, or other information by means of articulating sound into meaningful words. Fluent speech is essential for the psychological development of the child and for the proper convey of thoughts. It enables one person to convey knowledge to a roomful of other people.
One of the major challenges faced by children who are diagnosed with ASD is the difficulty with basic communication and social skills. They often find it hard to have conversations and may not pick up on social cues. Some people with autism may not talk at all, and others may talk very well. But all will have some challenges making friends and communicating socially.
You can often observe signs and symptoms of autism in very young children. But sometimes they are not very noticeable, and they might not be recognized until school age or even adulthood. Signs and symptoms may change as the person gets older, but there will always be challenges with communication, social skills, and behaviours.
Language training assumes a significant part towards the comprehensive improvement in a youngster with mental imbalance range issue. It works on generally speaking correspondence, improves social abilities, empowers to adapt up better to the general public and capacity in everyday life.
At Jeevaniyam we check for early signs of ASD by assessing & analysing the communication skills, social skills and behavioural issues by our eminent panel of doctors and SLPs and speech & language therapy is given to the needed patients at a very young age with its unique Ayurvedic protocols.
- Ayurveda medicines & treatment helps the child to overcome the internal issues & disease pathology which are addressed with Language Disorder.
- The Speech Language Pathologist (SLP) can help training for the muscles & organs involved in speech. SLP also improves modes of personal interactions & communication. In special children, it will be age-appropriate and child friendly along with Ayurveda treatment.
- We provide face to face speech therapy sessions for the children individually. Initially, the SLP will assess the child and diagnose the problem. A discussion and consultation with other departments are also arranged if needed.
- With the clinician’s consent, the treatment plan and therapy sessions are planned. This is set up with respect to the child’s condition using appropriate test materials. Each goal will be set considering the child’s needs and baseline.
- Parents are interviewed thoroughly during the case history to know the child and parents. We also provide online sessions particularly for parents to guide the child in the right way. The parent can monitor the child at home and home exercises will be given for continued improvement.
We prepare the children to successfully lead an individual & independent life as their age progress and be a part of this society.